ARE YOU MY GRANDMA?


  






    The three-year-old girl in Ralph’s grocery store who called me “Grandma!”, had no idea I have Grandmother issues. Many things ran through my mind before I responded. I couldn’t tell her and her young father the whole untold story of my estranged grands. 

    I could only blurt out, “I wish!” from behind my mask. 

    She was the cutest little girl. Her curls bounced as she ran down the aisle. I would gladly be her Grandma. Her handsome Dad said by way of apology, “Her Grandmother wears her hair in braids like yours.”
    I wish I had blown her a kiss.




Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Apologies for the very late response.

      Delete
  2. Hy my name is Dillono Tyrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to meet you. Thanks for reading my blog.

      Delete
    2. How can a short story be so sweet? My friend Denise wrote it & I love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts