LOUISE’S PINK GIFTS

    A few weeks ago, I received an unexpected package in the mail from my sister-in-common-law, Louise, also known as Baby Doll. The box contained a plethora of pink items: 2 small pink woven boxes, two night shirts, pink cross body bag, pink ankle socks, a mug and shavers. I thought the gift was cute and thoughtful. I texted her to thank her with a picture of me and my pink plunder. All from my favorite store, Ross Dress for less. She didn’t tell me that, I know because I am a regular at Ross. Anyway, she told me then that there was more to come. I promptly forgot.

So, when on yesterday, I received two more boxes from St. Louis, I was pleasantly confused. Inside was more pinkness. This time pink furry flip flops, a gorgeous pale pink cardigan, a large pink woven box, and pink decorative wicker balls. Wow! This time I texted “Girl, this is too much, but thanks!” That’s when she said, “It’s in celebration of my sister’s (my) survival!”

I am a breast cancer survivor since 2007. It’s been so many years I don’t think of it often. This lovely sentiment got me to thinking that maybe God and I have some kind of superpower. I know that I did all I could to survive. Whatever the doctor told me to do that’s what I did. Throughout my treatment I was lifted by the prayers and good thoughts of friends and family and I was cared for daily by my number one, Earl. I am still here. Thank you to anyone who thinks that is special. It was a fight.

Louise spent a lot of time and effort to shop for all pink items, many pink items. She kept me in mind the entire time. More effort was put into packing, and paying the exorbitant price of shipping these days. She is a Virgo like me so the whole process was probably fun for her, but still, it was a lot. I am humbled by her endeavor in my honor.


Comments

  1. The support we get from unexpected places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that you made it through Denise and that you're still here with us. I also LOVE your writing, Very, Very Intertaining... 💖👍🏽

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts