The Hubby, Oh How I Love Him. :|

The Hubby
I went to the dentist the other day to get my teeth cleaned. The dental hygienist asked me if I grind my teeth in my sleep. I told her no, not that I know of. Later in her procedure she told me that I had done a "pretty good" job on my teeth since my last visit. Sadly, I give a lot of weight to what she tells me during these visits and think of her as I'm brushing, making sure I get to the back teeth as she suggested, and behind my front teeth. Using the floss and rubber tip. Sometimes I'm a little pissy with her when I use all of her suggestions and she doesn't give me an atta girl.

Later in the day I asked the hubby if I grind my teeth in my sleep. He said no. I felt better about myself, the hygienist had me a little worried there.  Why do I take so to heart what she says?

Anyway, at bedtime the hubby and I chat about the day and we came around to the subject of the vanity table we've been shopping for. He says that not many people use them. I disagreed, they just don't make the style I'm looking for. I told him if he'd just check my blog he'd see the picture of the vanity that I think is perfect!  Whaaaat??? He says, "Check your blog? I'm talking to you right now, I don't have to check your blog!"

"Check your blog! You know what? You do grind your teeth in your sleep!" Oh, no he didn't! "And furthermore, you sleep like a vampire corpse!" He demonstrated with his hands crossed over his chest.

I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you, that he would reverse his position like this. I tell him, "Look out, now this conversation is going to be in the blog!" As I grab my post it note pad and pen that I keep by the bed for when inspiration hits. He says,"Go ahead, blog it. I'll give you plenty to blog about!" We laughed and laughed and then moved on to the next topic of the evening. I know I'll never run out of things to blog about as long as he's around. That's what a hubby is for, right?

Comments

  1. That funny. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the hygienist. Will see mine in Cleveland soon, so busy doing extra flossing. But no matter what, she never compliments me or gives me an atta girl. She says...you need to do this or you need to do that every 6 months for years. How do you get a new hygienist, if you like your dentist...smh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm lucky there are lots to choose from in my dentist's office, but they all say the same things to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts