Sick And Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Pissed about being sick.
 I'm tired of being sick. Just to keep my writing practice going I'm writing what's on my mind. For the moment it's the nausea creeping back. I had an abdominal ultrasound Tuesday, I sure hope the doctor can figure out what's going on. I still think it's the flu bug. As the nurse said, having a flu shot only means that if you get the flu, you won't have to go into the hospital. That was not my understanding. I thought it meant I wouldn't get the flu. Apparently not this year's strain. This year's is an ass kicker.

Well there I was in the doctor's office with nausea and dizziness. Every time I talk to someone about it, turns out they have the same symptoms that have gone on for weeks at a time. The only good thing about all this is the weight loss.

Here I am in week 4. I rode my bike Thursday hoping to work off the slight waves of nausea. Didn't work. Huge mistake. I was exhausted when I made it home. I want my life back.

The side effects of the nausea meds are drowsiness and dry mouth. Same with the dizziness meds, the doctor and the prescription bottle call it vertigo. Drowsiness is an understatement. That shit knocks me the fuck out. If I take both meds I can't drive. I can't stay awake through a movie. Trying to read my computer screen is a major undertaking. Let's not talk about scrolling on my iPhone. WTF.

I try to put things in their proper perspective. It was good to see a group of special needs teens and young adults on the bike path. I know at some point in time this will pass.

__________


OK, I am now in the middle of week 5 and I'm inching my way back to feeling human. Inching. Resting is what I've learned to do best. All of my blood tests and my abdominal ultrasound came back normal, so it's back to my doctor not knowing what's wrong. I still think that it is the ugly flu bug that's gone around the country. It gets a hold of you and never lets go. I get a chance to continue to be patient. Ugggggggggg, as my niece often says.
_________


After the end of week 6 I can now say that I am back to the land of the living. I am doing things that I couldn't even think of doing a few weeks ago. I still get a little fatigued and I am taking things slowly but my appetite is back and the vertigo and nausea are completely gone. I am so grateful to feel well again.

Everyone I know and everyone they know seems to have gotten bitten by this awful bug. I hope this is the last time I have to deal with it.

Comments

Popular Posts