Dial Soap

My brother, my mother and me.
Does anyone remember Dial soap? It used to be this little plain yellow bar of soap.  They still make it now only it's called body wash. I thought about it in the shower the other day as the hubby has some Dial body wash on the shelf in there. I smiled when I noticed the name because it reminded me of my dearly departed mother and her obsession with Dial soap.

When my brother and I were growing up, Dial soap was her go to fixer of everything. If you got a cut on your arm, you'd better wash it with Dial soap. I think it must have had some type of disinfectant in it back in those days. If you had a rash or an insect bite, just wash it with Dial soap. That was always her solution.

Over time it became a family joke. If you broke your arm, uh-oh, you'd better wash it with Dial soap. Don't worry about going to the Emergency Room. Dial soap will fix it. If you got a bad burn, Dial soap, baby, that's all you need.

OK, I've done a little online research. I see that Dial has kept up with the times, by making not only body wash, but liquid hand soap that gets rid of 99% of germs with its antibacterial formula. They still make bar soap, in addition to body wash and oh, looky, Dial for men. That must be what the hubby has.

Looks like my mother was on to something. All you folks out there suffering from the flu this season, you might consider washing yourself with some Dial soap.

Comments

Popular Posts