My Memory is Shot.

What was I about to do?
I am coming to understand a thing or two about aging. I would like to age gracefully. I don't know how graceful it's going so far. I now understand why the old folks of my youth moved so slowly. They were trying to avoid straining or spraining anything. After having a severe back spasm that nearly sent me to the ER a couple weeks ago, I do everything I can to keep my back relaxed. A week of muscle relaxers turned me into one of those loopy old ladies. I couldn't drive for a week. I was nodding like a herion junkie. I had the dry mouth and I hardly know what I was saying or doing during that week. Sheesh.

The main thing about this aging thing for me is that my memory is shot. I think of topic I want to write about and within minutes the thought is gone. I've started to keep a note pad or my iPhone notes app at the ready to get those thoughts down before they flee. Right now I have 39 lists of stuff I want to remember.

There's a never ending grocery list, sayings I like, (which I never seem to get back to), birthday and Christmas gift lists for family and friends, music I want to buy (so when I'm in Ameoba I can come out of there with what I want), my weight, (the number from my doctor's scale and my home scale, I go with my home scale number which is always lighter), travel check list (finally got a sure fire way to remember all of the necessities), make and model of our cars (this would have come in handy that time the police stopped me on our road trip a few years ago), my measurements (for sewing projects, this information will remain secret!), restaurants I want to check out, oh, and here is a really important one, a list of my husband's and my prescription meds, book titles I want to buy, and other various and sundry things I think I should remember to do.

I couldn't do without my iPhone calendar. It tells me when to do the things I can't remember to do. I can only do one major thing per day. So that's the way I schedule things. I've learned to take things off of my to-do list and I find I'm quite rested and peaceful at the end of the day.

The best thing for me regarding having CRS (Can't Remember Shit) is that if there is something that upsets me or makes me angry, I can rest assured that it won't bother me for long. In a day or two I will have completely forgotten it.


Comments

  1. Just caught on to your Blog page- Good for you! I'll stay tuned!! joan dean-edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are benefits for CRS, now to remember what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a member of that club also, Sister. Don't worry about it. LOL....Yvonne Collins.....which of these profiles am I suppose to select?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts