Housework and Music

When I do housework it always goes faster and more pleasantly when I listen to music. Loud music preferably. So I can sing along at full voice. A few years ago I mentioned this to my brother Phil and he was reminded of a housework lesson our Dad taught him as a kid. To mop the kitchen floor to the beat of the music. Daddy did one of those Tom Sawyer things on him. Handing Phil the mop to see if he could mop to the beat, too.

I have no memory of this. But the lesson sunk in somehow. I'm always amazed that my brother and I have such different memories of our childhood. We grew up in the same house. What's up with that?

I like to add an image to my blog posts. In my search for a black woman doing housework, I got nothing. Nothing. I don't have any shots of myself doing any kind of house work nor could I find any other sister willing to be photographed doing it. We don't play that anymore. We may do housework, but we don't think it's cute at all.

Comments

Popular Posts