Vanity

Not the vanity you think it is, but a vanity table. You know the old fashioned kind that you see in the black and white movies. I've been on the hunt for one for the last few weeks. I've actually wanted one for years. I want to replace the one I had when I was living in St. Louis during the 90s.

During that period I moved into a lovely 2 bedroom apartment and I needed to furnish every room. I had some kitchen chairs and a twin bed that I'd brought with me from Los Angeles and that was it. I slept on a pallet. I was so anxious to move in, I didn't wait to have the heat turned on even though it was mid-winter.  I used a space heater for the first few days.

Since I was living alone I took this opportunity to indulge in my love of antiques. I found that there were tons of old furniture stores in town. I bought for a song, a lovely bedroom set from the 1940s including a big gorgeous armoire. The store where I found this set had rows and rows of armoires. I remembered how expensive they were when I shopped for them in Los Angeles. To finish my bedroom I had a vanity.

I like the idea of sitting as I complete my toilette. Not only do I like the idea, but I need to be seated as it takes a lot more time to achieve my natural beauty. Hence the current search. The problem is they don't really make them much these days. Not vanity tables that have what I'm looking for. I need drawer space. I need room to sit in a chair with a back, that I can scoot close in to the mirror. Nothing too modern looking so that it can fit in with our home's decor and nothing too antique either.

I have the perfect one in mind. I've been searching the internet and pinning pix on my Pinterest page. I've been dragging the poor hubby from one furniture store to another.  I discovered the vanity table of my dreams online, however the price tag is ridiculous. There's the picture.

The search will continue when I feel well enough to get up off the sofa. I've got some furniture stores in mind and we will hit them up. I'm looking forward to the adventure much more than the hubby. Can you believe that? LOL!

Comments

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts