In Sickness and in Health

My husband suffered from a herniated disc. He was in excruciating pain for a month before finally being able to get the first of 3 magical, mystical cortisone shots. Everyone we talked to about his diagnosis, knew someone or they themselves had suffered from the same thing. Everyone to a man exclaimed about the wonders of the cortisone shot.

Our problem was that he should have been able to get the shot in the ER instead of being handed off to 4 other doctors who but for one, never even laid a hand on him in their "examinations".

I'm not going to go on about the health care system. Everyone knows it's jacked up. What I want to say is how glad I am that my husband is on the other side of this dark episode. It was so difficult to watch helplessly as he suffered from debilitating pain. To lie beside him at night as he tossed and turned looking for a position that didn't cause more pain, never finding one. Of course I wasn't suffering nearly as much as he was. I'm just glad to see him looking and acting and feeling like himself again. I missed that guy!

Comments

  1. Awe. Love love love this. So glad my cousin found you or vice versa. I love how you 2 compliment each other and are there for each other. The love just pours out of both of you. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts