Star Gazing Day Three

Bummed :(
Well Day Three of gazing at the Perseid Meteor Shower was a bust. I stayed on the roof an hour and a half and saw only 5 streaks. I didn't wait for the clouds to come this time, I just packed it in.

I had the flash turned off of the camera and took a couple shadowy pix of the nearby trees. Nothing else came out. Bummer. I'm washing my roof blanket now and putting away the camera and flash light with a sigh.

The lesson for today kids, is the second day of the meteor shower is the best day. Next year I'm thinking of dragging the hubby to Palm Springs were there is open space and no city lights. He won't mind much if he gets to play golf.



Next up is August 27th at 00:30, the day before my birthday, so I will remember, but it's on my calendar nonetheless. I'll be watching for Mars. It will pass just 34.65 million miles from earth. To the naked eye it will look like two moons. The next time Mars will be so close to Earth will be the year 2287. I probably won't be around then so I'm not going to miss this opportunity!

Comments

Popular Posts