Open Your Mouth and Say Ahhhhhh.



After a routine teeth cleaning a year ago, the dentist suggested I needed a teeth scaling. I didn't know what that was and I didn't have it done. Six months later they talked to me about the procedure again and I got a good explanation of what it meant. Essentially a really deep teeth cleaning, going way down beneath the gums. And it's going to require a topical pain reliever for the shot to numb my mouth. Yikes!

Not only that, but it will be done in 4 separate sessions. Upper left, lower left, upper right and finally lower right. Needless to say, my hygienist and I have developed a deeply personal relationship! I am so looking forward to a Friday without going to the dentist.

Once I found out the numbness went away and I wasn't drooling all over the place, I treated myself to a shopping trip afterward. By the time I was done shopping I could feel my mouth again and have a nice meal.

Of course the dental team has found another reason to have me back in the office. I have to go back in a month for a "re-evaluation". Sheesh. I've had enough for this year. Thank you very much.

Comments

  1. They up sale like crazy at the dentist office! When did that begin? I seem to always walk out scratching my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was looking at some teeth whitening kits at the dentist's office. They were $75.00. To the side the receptionist pointed out "samples". I looked at the "samples" and she said they were 2 for $5.00. I said, "Two for $5.00! That's not a sample, a sample is supposed to be free!" Got laughs from both sides of the counter. The patients and the staff knew that shit wasn't right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.

Popular Posts